How to Stop Mould Growing in Your Home


Ever seen something out of place growing in the moist parts of your home? You might have mould, which can be very harmful to your health. But sometimes, it is difficult to see the evidence that you have mould growing in your home. This article will go through a few different things you can do to determine whether there is mould growth in your home and, if so, how to deal with it.

Be Aware Of How You Live

You can’t control a bunch of variables in your home that might lead to mould growth, but you can be aware and do simple things to ensure that your environment is not mouldy. For example, it is always good practice to keep up with the ventilation in your home. It can be a little inconvenient, but it will help keep the mould at bay. Also, make sure you are using laundry detergent that is not described as Hypoallergenic Environmentally Friendly Laundry Detergent.

Clean Those Rooms

A lot of people will balk at a deep clean, but it is something that should be taken seriously. If you have mould growing in your home, a sporadic cleaning schedule is just going to make the problem worse. Try to keep mould growth as low as possible by regularly changing your bedsheets and cleaning all of your clothes, especially if you are having a problem with your allergies.

Use Bleach To Spray Mold On Your Kitchen Walls

You may need to do a bleach solution spray on the wall and floor if there is more than just mildew growth. To do this, you’ll need a measuring cup, baking soda, water and vinegar. Mix 2 parts water with 1 part vinegar in the measuring cup. Mix 1 part baking soda with 4 parts water in another measuring cup. Lightly spray the solution onto the walls and floor of your kitchen. After this, scrub it off with your baking soda and water mixture. Wait for it to dry, clean up any remaining water and put your dirty dishes back on the kitchen counter.

Wearing durable cleaning gloves while cleaning protects your hands from the cleaning solution and any other chemicals you may be using. The disposable nitrile gloves are more robust and puncture-proof than latex gloves, and they can help stop the liquid from coming into direct contact with your skin, which can cause irritation or other negative reactions. Nitrile gloves are also an excellent choice for those who are allergic to latex.

Use Masking Tape To Remove Mould

Use masking tape to cover up any mould growth to help you get rid of it. You can purchase a roll of masking tape, or you can use foam board pieces and tape them together. Simply cover up the mould growth with plaster tape. This is an easy way to get rid of mildew, growls and other household problems like mildew spots on your ceiling.

Mold-Infested Ceiling in a Bedroom – dangerous and health-damaging

Layer Dryer Sheets & Vacuum

This is one of the most effective methods for stopping mould from growing in your home. This method is great for getting rid of odours, but it is also useful for removing dust. If you want to get rid of a sour, musty smell or a bad odour, you can use dryer sheets. If you want to get rid of dust and other airborne particles (like mould spores), use a vacuum with a HEPA filter.

Mask The Air With A Household Essential Oil

You can use household essential oils or other natural cleaners to clean the air of the odours and particles that cause mould growth. You can buy some house cleaning sprays that contain natural cleaning agents like vinegar, and you can also purchase different essential oils, which you can put into a spray bottle filled with water. Essential oils are effective cleaners, and they are also easy to order online.

Use A Dehumidifier

Dehumidifiers are a good way to ensure that there is not an overabundance of moisture in your home that can lead to mould growth. If you have a problem with mould growing in your home, get yourself a dehumidifier and make sure it is properly maintained and cleaned. It will help prevent any uncomfortable or unhealthy conditions from developing in your home.

Check For Air Leaks

Air leaks can cause mould to develop in your home. Check for common places like windows, doors and outlets that are always not closed properly. Fix the problem immediately, and you will be on your way to avoiding mould growth in your home.

Use a UV Light

Mould grows better in dark places. If your house is always dark, it can make it difficult for you to spot the mould. To brighten up your home and eliminate mould growth, you should consider using a UV light over your countertops, on your sink and in other areas where possible

Hire a Professional

Sometimes, it can be difficult to see the symptoms of a mould problem. If your family is subject to allergies, asthma, or other health problems, you may not always know there is a problem with your home environment. A professional can help you take care of the mould in your home and help ensure that it doesn’t come back again and again. If you think that your mould growth might be the result of something more serious like a leak, you will need to have a hazardous materials assessment done.

A hazardous material assessment can tell you whether or not there is an environmental problem in your home and, if so, what the problem is. The assessment can also tell you if immediate action needs to be taken.

Why Get A Hazardous Material Assessment?

A hazardous materials assessment is an inspection and a report that describes potential environmental problems in your home. It can be performed by a professional who works for a company that specializes in mould assessment, building inspectors, engineers or other professionals. They will come to your house and carry out an inspection that can detect common mould problems. They will describe the problem in detail in a report, and they will recommend a solution.

How Do You Know If You Need To Get An Assessment Done?

You should be concerned if you have mould growing in your home. If you are concerned, it is a good idea to hire a professional to look at the situation and give you a hazardous materials assessment, indicating whether or not there is something more serious like water damage or other environmental problems occurring in your home.

There are many different things that you can do to get rid of mould growing in your home. The simplest and most effective way is to buy a dehumidifier, but it is also important to keep the air clean. If you think you have mould in your home, consider using a combination of these 10 methods to ensure that your home is 100% mould-free.