As temperatures soar, now is the time to confirm that your air conditioning system is operating optimally and prepared for those sweltering summer days. Regular AC tune-up in Fort Worth, TX, can help extend the life of your system and allow it to run efficiently, saving you money on energy costs.
Here are some tips to help you get your AC in top shape for summer.
- Have an AC professional inspect your system. A professional technician can ensure that all components are functioning properly and identify potential problems with the system before they become more serious (and expensive) issues. This inspection should include checking refrigerant levels, motor and fan conditions, air filters, evaporator coils, condenser coils, and electrical connections.
- Replace air filters regularly. Dirty air filters can restrict airflow and put a strain on the entire system. Check your air filter every month during peak use of the AC system and replace it when necessary.
- Clean or replace any dirty or damaged parts of the AC units such as fans, motors, and other components.
- Have the AC system tuned up by a professional twice a year—once in the spring and once in the fall. This helps ensure that your system runs more efficiently and lasts longer.
- Check insulation around windows, doors, and other areas of your home to make sure it is in good condition and properly sealed to reduce air leakage.
- Consider investing in an energy-efficient AC unit such as a heat pump or an Energy Star-rated window unit for added energy efficiency and cost savings on monthly utility bills.
- Make sure ducts are clean and clear of debris to allow for proper airflow throughout the house.
- Schedule regular maintenance with an AC professional. This helps with the early detection of potential problems and allows you to take action before they become more serious (and expensive) issues.
- Consider investing in an AC installation if your current system is outdated or needs repairs that aren’t cost-effective. A new system will be more energy efficient and can save you money on monthly utility bills. When selecting a contractor for AC installation in Fort Worth, TX, look for one that is licensed, insured, and experienced in working with Fort Worth area customers.
- Make sure vents are free from obstructions such as furniture, rugs, curtains, etc., to allow for proper airflow throughout the house.
However, small repairs and emergency AC problems cannot be avoided. So, let’s take a look at some of the common repair that calls for immediate professional attention.
- Thermostat Malfunction- A thermostat is responsible for controlling the temperature inside your home. If it stops working properly, it may cause your AC to cycle on and off frequently or not turn on at all.
- Refrigerant Leaks– Refrigerant is necessary for cooling your home and if there are any leaks in the system, it can cause a drop in pressure that will reduce the ability of the system to cool your home effectively.
- Clogged Drain Line – The drain line carries away excess moisture from the evaporator coil and if it gets clogged, it can lead to water damage in your home as well as an increase in humidity levels indoors.
- Compressor Failure – The compressor is responsible for pressurizing the refrigerant so it can absorb heat from your home. If it fails, it will no longer be able to provide cool air to your living spaces.
- Fan Motor Issues– The fan motor is responsible for circulating the cooled air throughout your home and if it stops working, you may find that some rooms in your house are not cooling properly or at all.
By following these tips and taking the time to have a professional technician inspect and tune up your AC system on a regular basis, you can ensure that your system works efficiently during even the hottest months of summer in Fort Worth, TX. Certified technicians can provide the quality service you need to ensure that the system is properly maintained and running at peak efficiency while delivering maximum comfort all summer long.
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced AC professional to help with your regular maintenance needs or an AC installation, contact Temp Pro Mechanical at (972) 504-2079.