If you have a baby or a toddler, then you may have thought about introducing them to your fibreglass pool. Note that you should never leave your child alone near the pool, they should always be supervised. Accidents can happen when children are left alone around the pool, so ensure that there’s always an adult around to monitor them.
If you know that you want to go swimming with your baby, then you may have been thinking about what you should do about their diaper. Can your baby enter the pool while wearing their usual everyday diapers? The answer, unfortunately, is no. While regular diapers are meant to keep your baby’s skin safe, even if they have ‘accidents’, they aren’t meant to endure when exposed to water for long periods of time.
Regular diapers need to be changed every time the baby soils them. They also can’t be immersed in water for long periods of time. So what should you do, if you want to go to the perth swimming pool with your little one? The answer lies in using swim diapers.
What Are Swim Diapers?
A swim diaper is also known as swim pants. It’s a diaper that’s specially designed for use in pools, the ocean, or other water bodies. Swim diapers help ensure that your baby’s bum is covered while they’re in the water, and thus protected as well. There are several kinds of swim diapers that you can consider for your little one, depending on what your exact needs are.
But let’s first look at why you should specifically get swim diapers if you want to go swimming with your baby.
Why Use Swim Diapers?
In countries like the US, there are rules regarding babies using swim diapers, when going into public pools. More and more people across the world, are learning about the benefits of swim diapers, especially should they want to enter a body of water with their child. But why exactly are swim diapers so useful?
- Babies can have ‘accidents’ at any point in time. Changing regular diapers can be messy enough. If your child was using a regular diaper while in your fibreglass pool, then the mess they create can spread in your pool as well. This means that you’ll need to clean out the whole pool. Swim diapers prevent the mess from seeping out, and contaminating the water of the pool.
- If fecal matter is spread in the pool, then this can cause bacteria to spread around the pool. When you’ve used a swim diaper on your child, then the fecal matter can’t penetrate through the layers of the diaper that easily. While you’ll still need to change your baby’s diaper, you won’t have to worry about cleaning out your pool as well.
- Among the bacteria that can be spread in your fibreglass pool through fecal matter, is E. Coli. This is a dangerous bacteria that can very easily affect people and cause them to fall sick. You don’t want your family members or guests to all get sick with E. Coli. Instead, use a swim diaper whenever you bring your baby to your pool. This protects not just your baby, but other people using your pool as well.
- Bacteria that cause infections can sometimes be lethal as well. Unless you want your loved ones to fall sick, always use swim diapers when bringing your baby to your pool.
Why Parents Prefer Swim Diapers
There are reasons why parents prefer to use swim diapers, instead of regular diapers, when taking their babies to the pool. This is for the following reasons:
- Regular diapers can swell up when exposed to the water in the pool. Swim diapers, on the other hand, don’t have this problem.
- If you’re getting your baby ready for a day at the pool, then swim diapers can be much easier to use, lasting longer than regular diapers.
- You can find pool diapers in varying sizes, and they are easy to find as well. So no matter what the size of your baby is, you’re likely to find a swim diaper they’ll find comfortable to wear.
- When you use swim diapers on your baby before they go swimming, you ensure that the child is both healthy as well as safe.
- You can also protect other people who are using your pool, from contaminated water caused by your child having ‘accidents’.
- You will be able to style your baby’s outfit as well, with swim diapers, making them look cuter.
What Separates Swim Diapers From Regular Diapers?
Swim diapers are designed specifically for being used in pools, the beach, and other water bodies. They don’t swell up when exposed to the water, but regular diapers do swell up. This makes regular diapers uncomfortable to wear, in water bodies. Regular diapers also don’t work properly in the water, and lose their ability to prevent urine and fecal matter from seeping out through the diaper.
It’s also easier to both put on as well as take off swim diapers, even when wet. While swim diapers have great water absorption, the same can’t be said for regular diapers. Regular diapers tend to sag when they become wet, and they can be uncomfortable to wear.
You can also choose between disposable and reusable swim diapers. For the disposable diapers, you’ll need to dispose of them as soon as they get soiled. You cannot use these diapers on your baby again. But you can buy reusable swim diapers as well. Reusable swim diapers need to be cleaned once they get soiled. You can carry disposable swim diapers to use if your baby soils the reusable diaper. After you’ve cleaned the reusable diaper thoroughly, you can use it on your baby again.
Swim diapers help ensure that your child can have a safe and fun time in your fibreglass pool, without feeling uncomfortable. Should they soil their diaper at any time, then swim diapers are capable of preventing urine and fecal matter from seeping out through the diaper and soiling your pool.
Compared to regular diapers, swim diapers also have better water absorption qualities. If you’re wondering what kind of diaper you should use on your baby, when taking them out to the pool, then consider using swim diapers.