There are many options for fencing when it comes time to repair storm damage, cut off the backyard from nosy neighbors, or just improve the overall look of your piece of property. Composite fencing has become an increasingly popular option among homeowners and contractors and for good reason, but there are potential cons to composite fencing, as well.
This guide from gatesandautomationdirect.co.uk will explore what composite fencing is, who uses it and why, the positives of composite fences, as well as the drawbacks of this type of fencing.
Composite fencing is a type of fencing made from recycled plastic and wood fibers. This combination creates a strong, durable material that is resistant to rot, insect damage, and moisture. Composite fencing is available in many colors and can even be textured to look like real wood. This type of fencing is low maintenance and easy to clean, making it a popular choice for home owners and contractors alike.
Pros of Composite Fencing
– Durable: Composite fencing is made from recycled plastic and wood fibers, making it more resistant to rot, insect damage, and moisture.
– Low Maintenance: This type of fencing is easy to clean and does not require regular staining or painting.
– Available in a Wide Variety of Colors: Composite fencing can be purchased in a wide array of colors to match your home or business.
– Textured to Look Like Real Wood: Composite fencing can be textured to look like real wood, giving you the aesthetic of a traditional wood fence without the maintenance.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you are considering composite fencing for your home or business. First, composite fencing is not as strong as traditional wood fencing. It can be damaged by high winds and is not suitable for areas where there is a lot of foot traffic.
Certain ranges of composite decking are more durable than others, so it’s worth doing some research to find the right strength and finish for your project.
Second, composite fencing can be more expensive than other types of fencing, such as wood or vinyl. However, the initial investment may be worth it in the long run as composite fencing is low maintenance and easy to clean.
Cons of Composite Fencing
– Is Not as Strong as Traditional Wood Fencing: Composite fencing is not as strong as wood and can be damaged by high winds.
– Can Be More Expensive Than Other Types of Fencing: The initial cost of composite fencing may be higher than other types of fencing, such as wood or vinyl.
– May Not Be Suitable for Areas with a Lot of Foot Traffic: Composite fencing can be damaged by foot traffic and is not suitable for use in high-traffic areas.
Overall, composite fencing is a great option for those looking for a durable, low-maintenance fencing solution. If you are concerned about the strength of the fence or the initial cost, there are other options available that may be better suited for your needs.
Talk to a professional fence contractor to learn more about your options and find the perfect fencing solution for your home or business.